Data controller and contact information
Le Cachet Limited
Fayreways Showroom, St Saviours Hill,
St. Saviour, JERSEY, JE2 7LG, Channel Islands
Phone: 07829 996677
Purposes and lawful basis for processing personal data
We may collect, process and use your personal data in the course of supplying vehicles, goods and services to you and to manage our relationship with you, in the following ways:
Processed under the lawful basis of Contract:
- When you enquire about or purchase a vehicle, goods or services from us, we will collect personal information to enable us to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
- When you enquire about purchasing a vehicle on finance, we will collect information to enable third parties to provide finance quotes and agreements.
- We collect personal information from you when you apply for a job with us to enable us to contact you and process your application.
Processed under the lawful basis of Legal Obligation:
- We collect and process your personal information for producing invoices and accounting purposes which is required to meet the Jersey legislation.
- We collect personal information from employees to enable us to meet employment law obligations.
Processed under the lawful basis of Consent:
- If you have given consent to receive marketing communications from us, we will collect information concerning your marketing preferences and send you communications based on those preferences.
Who we share your personal data with
We do not share your data with any other third parties except:
- if you have given your consent.
- if it is necessary to enable the provision of third party services you have requested (for example to facilitate warranty, insurance or finance quotes or agreements).
- if we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation.
Data processors are third parties who provide elements of our business management services for us, who process or store personal data on our behalf. The categories of these recipients are accounting, marketing, software, and website providers.
Following the termination of the business relationship to which an individual is connected, in order to satisfy legal requirements in Jersey we will keep all personal information for 10 years from the date of termination. At the end of the 10-year period, if there are outstanding proceedings, enquiries or disputes concerning that business relationship, we will keep the records of connected Individuals for such additional time as is reasonable in all the circumstances and otherwise we shall destroy your records in such a manner as we see fit.
Personal data processed under consent will be kept for as long as you consent to its processing. We will seek to refresh your consent at appropriate intervals.
Your rights in regard to your personal data
You have a number of rights in regard to your personal data. These include the right to request access to, rectification or erasure of personal data we hold, or restriction of processing concerning your data, or to object to the processing as well as the right of data portability. If you wish to make any such requests please contact us in writing using the contact details at the top of this page.
Right to withdraw consent
Where we have processed your personal data on the lawful basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Right to complain
If you have any concerns about how we have handled your personal data, please contact us so we may address them.
Provision of data
In most cases, the provision of your personal data is necessary to enter into a contract with us.
Changes to this policy
We will regularly review this privacy notice and update it where necessary. This policy was last updated in May 2018.